However we define ourselves on the political spectrum — or whatever easy political label we’re comfortable with – can we all agree on the following statements?
- Climate change is real and MUST be addressed with URGENCY.
- The gap between Rich and Poor in America has grown grotesque and unsustainable.
- Medical Care is a Human Right.
- Women deserve Equal Rights and Equal Pay.
- Women have a fundamental right to make their own reproductive decisions. (It’s their bodies, boys.)
- The influence of big money donors in politics corrupts the democratic system.
- America must stand as a beacon for Human Rights, Freedom of the Press and Democracy.
- NATO is a good thing. (Certainly better than two World Wars in the 20th century.)
- The European Union is a good thing. (Certainly better than two World Wars in the 20th century.)
- The worldwide influence of the Putin-led Russian Oligarchy is a bad thing – and not something patriotic Americans should ignore — or, as Trump does, apologize for and promote.
- Competent governance by experts in their fields is good.
- Incompetent governance by political hacks and industry lobbyists is NOT good.
- Racism is NOT to be encouraged.
- Factionalism is NOT to be encouraged.
- Willful Ignorance is NOT to be encouraged.
- The lessons of Science must be promoted and respected.
- The lessons of History must be promoted and respected.
- Immigrant children should NOT be separated from their families and put in cages.
- Generations of immigrants have been the lifeblood of American advancement.
- The Gospel of Jesus is not the religion of today’s right-wing Evangelicals.
- The separation of Church and State is fundamental to American freedom.
- The Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have others do unto you) is a good rule to live by whether you are religious, atheist or agnostic.
Do you agree with these statements?
Then, don’t fret whether the Democratic nominee is Bernie, Biden, Warren, Mayor Pete or Amy Klobuchar.
Every Democrat (except, perhaps, Oligarch Bloomberg) would agree on these things.
So, vote what you know in your bones to be right.
Donald Trump, the horrible GOP Mango Mussolini, doesn’t give one tiny shit about any of the things listed above.
But every Democrat agrees with nearly everything on the list.
VOTE BLUE – NO MATTER WHO!