PRESTON STURGES‘ MIRACLE OF MORGAN’S CREEK IS A 1940’s COMIC MASTERPIECE!
We will celebrate it — in all its demented genius — this Saturday night at Studio 5
Featuring films experts Dana Olsen & Paul Barrosse
Plus, fake expert Victoria Zielinski with irreverent commentary.
But don’t take our word for it. Here’s what others have said…
- “Miraculously mad masterpiece!” TV GUIDE
- “One of the great outrageously irreverent American movie comedies” CHICAGO TRIBUNE
- “The nearest thing to pandemonium ever seen on film — and all of it sublime” WASHINGTON POST
- “One of the most demented studio comedies of the 1940’s” INDIE WIRE
- “Situations spark, dialogue crackles and his camera works like a Peeping Tom” THE NEW YORK TIMES
- “A lasting delight” TIMEOUT
- “This is one of Preston Sturges’ surreal-slapstick-satire-conniption-fit comedies, and part of our great crude heritage” THE NEW YORKER